The Miranda line of controllers offers a new way of looking at lighting controls, facilitating innovative system architectures without compromising control or maintenance.
At its core, Miranda is much like other lighting controllers: high quality on-board flash storage keeps your programs safe without concern about an SD card going bad; contact closures provide flexibility of input triggers.
“Islands of DMX”
Miranda’s differences come into play once it’s connected to the cloud. Because Miranda does not need a high speed or high reliability connection, it can be deployed in applications where you would never think to stream DMX between locations. Rather than thinking of your lighting system as a single set of DMX universes, you can start to think in islands of DMX that run autonomously, but still stay synchronized.
Multiple Output Options
Miranda’s platform offers a unified programming and control interface with three output options:
- Miranda DMX (2 universes of DMX) – also available in a waterproof enclosure
- Miranda Pixel (addressable LED)
- Miranda DC Dimmer (12VDC dimming, non-addressable LED, other LED sources)
Since multiple Mirandas are programmed as a system, not individually, you can mix and match Miranda types within the same system without conceptual edges between systems.
Remote Preset Recall
Miranda’s, remote preset recall is simple for building owners to use, since it doesn’t require a downloaded app, only a web login.
Monitoring, Programming & Diagnostics
Remote monitoring and programming allow you to diagnose issues and update cues without having to make field calls. The remote programming is mediated through the cloud, so you don’t need a fast or reliable internet connection; you can reprogram the lighting from anywhere, even an airplane’s WiFi connection. Diagnostics are stored in the cloud, so you don’t have to remote into a functioning system; if a controller is offline, you still have access to your all of your diagnostic information.
Miranda includes all the typical tools you would expect out of an installation lighting controller, plus a variety of unique features:
- Functions as either an sACN Node or standalone playback unit. Fallback on loss-of-signal, or triggered switch from external input to internal cues.
- Daisy-chaining PoE ethernet reduces the network and power cabling required.
- Synchronized playback between multiple units on different networks allows for unbelievable opportunities to distribute the lighting throughout a building, theme park, or city.
- Internet-based monitoring, programming, and control allows for updates to happen from anywhere, without having a direct connection to the lighting network.
- Astrotime or scheduled triggers.
- Remote triggers via ethernet or contact closure.
- Built-in lighting effects library, permitting easy programming of systems.
- Wide ambient temperature support (-40C to +80C) permits installation in unconditioned cabinets.
For examples of some current Miranda installations, check out our Mirandas in Action page.